Clicksgear.com pop-ups have been noticed in all popular browsers recently, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. These pop-ups are generally quite multiple, thus they essentially distract the attention of many people by popping up regularly. This guide will furnish you with helpful information to detect and delete the source of clicksgear.com pop-up infection.
Quick facts about clicksgear.com pop-ups.
What happens with your browser when clicksgear.com pop-ups are enabled?
Clicksgear.com pop-ups have the sole intention to make your browser redirected to all kinds of other dangerous places in the world wide web. As a result of such many unwanted browser redirection issues your computer may become infected even more dramatically with plenty of other hazardous applications. So, eventually your system may become out of order and you will not be able to use it at all.
What caused clicksgear.com pop-ups to be enabled in your browser?
The reason why clicksgear.com pop-ups occur in your browser is because your system is already infected by adware. It was most likely brought into your system along with some other cost-free software you have been dealing with lately. You need to be very careful not to allow any hidden installations to take place in your system. Otherwise you may end up facing your system to be full of other junk applications that you really do not need for your computer, which will furthermore make it work essentially slow.
Tips to avoid clicksgear.com pop-up intrusion.
The best solution to prevent clicksgear.com pop-ups from becoming the part of your browser is to install proper anti-malware software which can protect your computer from subsequent malware intrusion attempts. Unfortunately, right now there are many anti-malware utilities which are poorly updated and thus allow installation of various potentially unwanted applications, including those causing clicksgear.com pop-ups. Taking the above-mentioned information into consideration, it is important that you undertake all possible measures below to get your system cleaned as soon as possible. You will need to scan the system with a proven virus removal software, delete all detected infections and reset your browsers with its help as suggested below.
Detailed clicksgear.com pop-up removal instructions.
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for clicksgear.com pop-up detection.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Detailed steps to remove clicksgear.com pop-ups using recommended anti-malware.
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the respective button above.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for clicksgear.com pop-up detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by clicksgear.com pop-ups.
STEP 2. Removing clicksgear.com pop-ups from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link:
- Remove pages added by the hijacker by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“:
- In Google Chrome, click on the menu button in the upper-right section of the screen which either looks like three vertical dots. Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and click on “Settings” (as shown in the image above).
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
STEP 3. Remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on Mozilla Firefox “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“:
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button:
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
STEP 4. Remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Then click on “Internet options“:
- In the “General” tab, click on “Use default” or change home page manually to google.com or other start page of your choice. Then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
STEP 5. Remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click on Microsoft Edge settings button in the form of three horizontal dots, then click on “Settings“:
- Delete suspicious home page and enter google.com as your new home page or some other start page of your choice:
STEP 6. Remove clicksgear.com pop-ups from Opera browser.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“:
- Click on “Set pages“:
- Add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“:
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
STEP 7. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.