In this guide we explain how to remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay browser hijacker from browsers which got affected by it. Because of its intrusion into computer freedirectionsonline.com becomes the home or start page of your browser, whereas freedirectionsonline.com is set as the default search engine. The tool recommended by us will help you get rid of this hijacker automatically.
Quick facts about DirectionsOnline by MyWay hijacker.
What happens with your browser when DirectionsOnline by MyWay is enabled in it?
The problem of search engine redirection through DirectionsOnline by MyWay occurs with Google Chrome primarily. Of course, other browsers can be vulnerable as well. DirectionsOnline by MyWay currently attacks millions if not billions of PCs all over the world. Many users today are in search for the correct solution that will help them remove this hijacker from their computers. Regretfully, not many of them realize that in order to avoid this hijacker from penetrating into their computers they should have been more careful when they installed some free programs they downloaded over the Internet. Always make sure you read the instructions of the setup wizard carefully whenever you download and install free applications you may find at all kinds of cost-free download resources. You may be surprised to know that even Cnet.com has been traced to implant other potentially unwanted programs in addition to the main software which can be downloaded there. So, simply be careful to choose the option of a custom installation, instead of the default one when you deal with free programs downloaded online.
What caused DirectionsOnline by MyWay to be enabled in your browser?
DirectionsOnline by MyWay browser hijacker comes into computers as a consequence of user installing some other program. Surely, you should not give such a consent for this amendment into the functionality of your browser. Also, its interference is the result of poor protection of your computer with your existing anti-virus tools.
Tips to avoid DirectionsOnline by MyWay intrusion.
The purpose of DirectionsOnline by MyWay hijacker is to earn money for its owners. This is done through display of various paid ads at the page freedirectionsonline.com, or together with the search results which got redirected via the very same domain. Please do not click these ads, since they may lead you to really dangerous sites which in their turn may infect your system even more. Instead, please follow our automatic removal instructions to get rid of this hijacker from all modified browsers that you have installed on your computer.
Detailed DirectionsOnline by MyWay removal instructions.
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for DirectionsOnline by MyWay detection.
Instructions to clean Windows computers.
Detailed steps to remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay using recommended anti-malware.
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the respective button above.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for DirectionsOnline by MyWay detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by DirectionsOnline by MyWay hijacker.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Instructions to clean Mac computers.
- Click on the download button below to download FreshMac:
- Run the installer and click on “Continue”:
- The program will update itself and begin scanning your computer.
- At the end of scanning, click on “Fix Safely” button:
- Finally, select “Activate Now” to enable full features of FreshMac to delete malware and optimize your Mac effectively.
- Check your email, activate the program using the activation code.
- Delete all detected infections.
STEP 2. Removing DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to fix Google Chrome manually and for free:
STEP 3. Remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
This video guide shows how to repair Mozilla Firefox manually and for free:
STEP 4. Remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to repair Internet Explorer manually and for free:
STEP 5. Remove DirectionsOnline by MyWay from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
This video guide shows how to fix Opera manually and for free:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.