Error #SL9DW61 pop-up windows are the example of a brutal online scam. These are faulty alerts that may appear through all your available browsers. They will not allow you to surf the web easily, since your browser will be sort of hijacked and utterly blocked. The pop-up will simply not allow you to visit other places you prefer to see online. If you have discovered Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups in your screen, make sure to immediately undertake all possible measures to delete them effectively.
Quick facts about Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups.
What happens with your browser when Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups are enabled?
Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups will actually block your browser and will not allow you to surf the web easily. Each time they will be opening new pop-up windows and will produce an extremely bad impact on the performance of your computer.
Scary alert stated by Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups is as follows:
Microsoft Official Support
Your computer has been blocked
Please call us immediately at: +44-800-090-3858
What caused Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups to be enabled in your browser?
This is definitely a very important question – why did Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups start to come up in your screen if you believe you had the most reliable security software enable? There are actually two factors which most likely caused such problems to occur. One of them is simply your failure to be careful while surfing the web and especially while dealing with cost-free applications. The troubles caused by installers of free programs could be really devastating especially if you deal with freeware downloaded from doubtful resources. You may find some really excellent and free software which can be downloaded within a single mouse click, however, often the installer of this program may additionally suggest you to install a lot of other extra utilities which you frankly speaking do not need at all.
Another factor which could be the reason for Error #SL9DW61 pop-up intrusion is the poor of your existing anti-virus software to timely detect intrusion of certain potentially unwanted program like adware causing Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups. Today there are many anti-malware and anti-virus programs with poorly updated databases. This is why it often happens that they bypass detection of certain adware and permit its intrusion into the system.
What can be done to prevent Error #SL9DW61 pop-up intrusion?
In the light of the above-said information regarding the methods of Error #SL9DW61 pop-up intrusion one could draw the wise conclusion about the necessity of being more careful while installing free software. You should always take time to read the data contained in the installer of free program you intend to install into your computer. These could be the documentation contained in the installer of free utility, or the EULAs (End User License Agreements) which could be obtained at the websites of such free applications. In case you find out that there might be some additional programs suggested by default make sure to switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent all sorts of unwanted software installations into your system. Simply uncheck such third-party programs and keep installing free program without those additional extras. If there’s no option to avoid installation of these extra utilities, we recommend you to cancel the entire installation process for the sake of safety of your computer.
Finally, the fact that Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups got active in your system with anti-virus software already running means that you should immediately switch to some other program that can definitely protect you in the future from similar malware attacks. You should be more demanding towards the applications into which you entrust the security of your system, so definitely the program you currently use as your anti-virus is not worth keeping since it allowed Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups to become enabled in your computer. Our proposal is that you follow this detailed removal tutorial below to get rid of Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups and to help you prevent subsequent malware intrusion attacks in an effective way.
Detailed Error #SL9DW61 pop-up removal instructions.
Preparation for Error #SL9DW61 pop-up removal starts with unblocking your browser:
- Right-click on Windows task bar in the bottom section of computer screen and select “Task Manager“:
- Find your blocked browser, right-click on it and select “End task“:
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for Error #SL9DW61 pop-up detection.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Detailed steps to remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups using recommended anti-malware.
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the respective button above.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for malware detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by malware.
STEP 2. Removing Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Google Chrome browser.
Video guide to repair Google Chrome browser:
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
STEP 3. Remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox browser.
Video guide to fix Mozilla Firefox:
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
STEP 4. Remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Internet Explorer browser.
Video guide to fix Internet Explorer:
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
STEP 5. Remove Error #SL9DW61 pop-ups from Opera browser.
Video guide to fix Opera:
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
Video guide to fix Safari:
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.