In this tutorial we will help you to remove Ads by MyCouponize from your browser infected by adware. Basically, this particular adware actively infects computers run on Mac OS X. Hence, it mainly attacks browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. The adware installs its own add-on (extension) into them.
Quick facts about MyCouponize.
What happens with your browser when MyCouponize Ads are enabled?
MyCouponize Ads will truly distract users while they browse the web. These ads will appear everywhere out of the blue. They will be quite pushy in their attempts to make users click on them. Furthermore, clicking on these ads may lead you to all sorts of third-party websites where other adware samples are distributed.
What caused MyCouponize Ads to be enabled in your browser?
MyCouponize adware is installed together with some free applications spread in the Internet. You need to be careful when dealing with freeware. Make sure you always know what exactly you’re going to make the part of your system by default. Reading the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of free applications helps you to know in advance what other extras you’re going to make the part of your system by default.
In case you see MyCouponize or any other software to be suggested to become the part of your system by default, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is the place where you may uncheck all third-party applications from becoming the part of your system by default.
It is definitely a regret to admit that many users today actually fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation. They just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. This is the way they permit all kinds of junk software to become the part of their computers.
What can be done to prevent MyCouponize intrusion?
To sum up, MyCouponize is not the good program you need for your system. Go ahead and uninstall it from the list of applications in your Mac OS X. Finally, you will need to disable and remove any related add-ons (extensions) from your browser. You might try to download some adware cleaner to do it automatically, however, we recommend that you select MacBooster for the best malware and adware detection.
Detailed MyCouponize adware removal instructions.
Preparation for MyCouponize removal starts with unblocking your browser:
- Apply Command-Option-Escape hotkey on your Mac computer.
- Select your browser and click on “Force Quit“:
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for MyCouponize detection.
Detailed steps to remove MyCouponize using recommended anti-malware for Mac.
STEP 2. Removing MyCouponize from Google Chrome browser.
Video guide to repair Google Chrome browser:
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove MyCouponize from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
STEP 3. Remove MyCouponize from Mozilla Firefox browser.
Video guide to fix Mozilla Firefox:
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove MyCouponize from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
STEP 4. Remove MyCouponize from Opera browser.
Video guide to fix Opera:
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
STEP 5. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
Video guide to fix Safari:
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.