OptiBuy pop-up windows may appear in your browser from time to time. It is worth mentioning that they are generally not extremely pushy (compared to other adware samples). However, you will be distracted by their appearance, and in this guide we will help you to remove these pop-ups from your computer.
Quick facts about OptiBuy ads.
What happens with your browser when OptiBuy ads are enabled?
OptiBuy ads will be able to utterly block your browser without even letting you use it. When you succeed to close some specific page hijacked by the pop-up there will be the portion of other subsequent similar pop-ups to come. The goal of these faulty alerts is to make you call certain toll-free helpline run and controlled by cyber frauds. Their intention is to ultimately convince you to pay money in their favor allegedly for fixing your infected computer.
What caused OptiBuy adware to be enabled in your browser?
These Ads by OptiBuy are run by certain adware in your computer. By the way, it bears exactly the same name. This application is actively installed into Macs through being bundled with a lot of other free applications. People who are active in downloading and installing free applications need to make sure that they don’t allow any hidden extras to be installed into their computers by default. This is why it is very important to carefully read the EULAs (the abbreviation for the End User License Agreements). These documents typically clearly mention all the information regarding third-party software installation offers. So, if you read about them, your responsibility is to switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck these additional applications from being installed into your computer by default.
Those users who neglect reading this important information rendered in the EULAs often end up installing a lot of absolutely useless and even hazardous programs into their computers. OptiBuy is not really a virus, but obviously it isn’t a good program either. Its only mission in your Mac is to display those many intrusive ads and pop-ups and to force users to click on them. This is exactly how the money is earned for those people who stand behind the distribution of this adware in the world wide web. However, we’re absolutely confident that you will not get any single benefit because of this adware. Furthermore, due to its presence in the system your entire Mac, and especially your browser, may start working extremely slow. You will be absolutely fed up facing these ads on a regular basis, which will obviously distract your attention from things which are really important to you in the world wide web.
What can be done to prevent OptiBuy adware intrusion?
OptiBuy adware can be removed in an effective way if you follow this step-by-step adware removal tutorial as set forth below. Basically, you may try to uninstall this adware in a manual way, however, this might not always be quite effective way to deal with adware. The best solution, in our opinion, is to scan your Mac with a reliable anti-malware tool, which will detect and remove all infections in your Mac (with its full registered version). Finally, don’t forget to reset your browser with its help. In case you require any additional assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Detailed OptiBuy adware removal instructions.
Preparation for OptiBuy adware removal starts with unblocking your browser:
- Apply Command-Option-Escape hotkey on your Mac computer.
- Select your browser and click on “Force Quit“:
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for OptiBuy adwaredetection.
Detailed steps to remove OptiBuy adware using recommended anti-malware for Mac.
STEP 2. Removing OptiBuy adware from Google Chrome browser.
Video guide to repair Google Chrome browser:
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove OptiBuy adware from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
STEP 3. Remove OptiBuy adware from Mozilla Firefox browser.
Video guide to fix Mozilla Firefox:
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove OptiBuy adware from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
STEP 4. Remove OptiBuy adware from Opera browser.
Video guide to fix Opera:
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
STEP 5. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
Video guide to fix Safari:
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.