Rack-search.com is fairly classified as a new browser hijacker that currently attacks Google Chrome and possibly some other browsers as well. The goal of this hijacker is quite malicious, by the way. It doesn’t really care about helping you to enrich your browsing experience. Instead, it permanently leads you to many unsafe sites that are not really related to the scopes of your interests. Furthermore, such ongoing browser redirections may lead you to plenty of other infected domains through which the system may become contaminated with tons of other useless programs and even serious computer viruses. Use this tutorial that will help you to fully remove the hijacker and clean your computer from other malware remnants.
Quick facts about rack-search.com hijacker.
What happens with your browser when rack-search.com is enabled in it?
Rack-search.com attacks the home page of your browser and make it begin with third-party sites that were not selected by you as your start page. Additionally, the hijacker will modify your default search engine settings by making all your search queries to be redirected through other third-party websites. Finally, the hijacker will be regularly spying over your browsing activities and may collect the information you submit through it. Eventually, this data may be collected and transferred to third parties for different illegal purposes.
What caused rack-search.com to be enabled in your browser?
Actually, the reason why rack-search.com got installed is partially explained by your personal role. Most likely it was injected into your system along with some other cost-free programs you’ve been dealing with lately. It is very important that you always thoroughly read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) associated to free applications you intend to install into the system. When you find the information about some additional programs suggested for default installation, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode to avoid any unwanted utilities from penetrating into your workstation.
In cases when computer owners do not pay much attention during installation of free programs they may easily permit different malicious applications to be installed through the leaks as explained above. Another factor that simplified installation of rack-search.com hijacker is revealed in poor protection of your computer by available anti-virus applications. Sadly, there are many anti-viruses today that simply fail to warn you about malware intrusion ahead of time. So, they may permit intrusion of all sorts of junk programs into the system.
Tips to avoid rack-search.com intrusion.
If you have noticed that rack-search.com was installed while your existing anti-virus (security) program was installed, then you definitely should switch to some better software that will protect you in future from similar attacks. Also, you definitely should be very careful not to allow any unwanted programs to be enabled. This guide below will help you to remove all associated components of rack-search.com hijacker and to prevent further similar malware attacks from taking place.
Detailed rack-search.com removal instructions.
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for rack-search.com detection.
Instructions to clean Mac computers.
- Click on the download button below to download FreshMac:
- Run the installer and click on “Continue”:
- The program will update itself and begin scanning your computer.
- At the end of scanning, click on “Fix Safely” button:
- Finally, select “Activate Now” to enable full features of FreshMac to delete malware and optimize your Mac effectively.
- Check your email, activate the program using the activation code.
- Delete all detected infections.
STEP 2. Removing rack-search.com from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove rack-search.com from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to fix Google Chrome manually and for free:
STEP 3. Remove rack-search.com from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove rack-search.com from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
This video guide shows how to repair Mozilla Firefox manually and for free:
STEP 4. Remove rack-search.com from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove rack-search.com from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to repair Internet Explorer manually and for free:
STEP 5. Remove rack-search.com from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
This video guide shows how to fix Opera manually and for free:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.