Som009.site pop-ups could actually appear in your browser out of the blue, when you do not expect anything bad to happen. These pop-ups, first of all, are the result of adware enabled in your system. By the way, they could easily occur both in Windows and Mac browsers. Such scary alerts are intended to make you really concerned about the condition of your computer in order to scare you into downloading totally useless software. What you should do right now is to thoroughly scan the system with the help of a proven virus removal application as we explain in the guide below.
Quick facts about som009.site pop-ups.
What happens with your browser when som009.site pop-ups are enabled?
Som009.site pop-ups will be able to utterly block your browser without even letting you use it. When you succeed to close some specific page hijacked by the pop-up there will be the portion of other subsequent similar pop-ups to come. The goal of these faulty alerts is to make you download and install some third-party software supposedly to fix your computer, after the bunch of fake alerts is stated by these pop-ups.
So, there will be a lot of faulty statements regarding the infected status of your system reported by som009.site pop-us. You may be told about various computer infections supposedly found in your computer and about the necessity to clean it as soon as possible. Scary alert stated by som009.site pop-ups is as follows:
1 minutes and 58 seconds
23 November 2017
Your computer is infected with (3) Viruses. The pre-scan found traces of (2) malware and (1) phishing/spyware. System damage: 28.1% – IMMEDIATE REMOVAL REQUIRED! A website you’ve visited today has infected your Mac with a virus. It is necessary to scan your entire system to find and remove malicious applications from your computer.
What caused som009.site pop-ups to be enabled in your browser?
This is definitely a very important question – why did som009.site pop-ups start to come up in your screen if you believe you had the most reliable security software enable? There are actually two factors which most likely caused such problems to occur. One of them is simply your failure to be careful while surfing the web and especially while dealing with cost-free applications. The troubles caused by installers of free programs could be really devastating especially if you deal with freeware downloaded from doubtful resources. You may find some really excellent and free software which can be downloaded within a single mouse click, however, often the installer of this program may additionally suggest you to install a lot of other extra utilities which you frankly speaking do not need at all.
Another factor which could be the reason for som009.site pop-up intrusion is the poor of your existing anti-virus software to timely detect intrusion of certain potentially unwanted program like adware causing som009.site pop-ups. Today there are many anti-malware and anti-virus programs with poorly updated databases. This is why it often happens that they bypass detection of certain adware and permit its intrusion into the system.
What can be done to prevent som009.site pop-up intrusion?
In the light of the above-said information regarding the methods of som009.site pop-up intrusion one could draw the wise conclusion about the necessity of being more careful while installing free software. You should always take time to read the data contained in the installer of free program you intend to install into your computer. These could be the documentation contained in the installer of free utility, or the EULAs (End User License Agreements) which could be obtained at the websites of such free applications. In case you find out that there might be some additional programs suggested by default make sure to switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent all sorts of unwanted software installations into your system. Simply uncheck such third-party programs and keep installing free program without those additional extras. If there’s no option to avoid installation of these extra utilities, we recommend you to cancel the entire installation process for the sake of safety of your computer.
Finally, the fact that som009.site pop-ups got active in your system with anti-virus software already running means that you should immediately switch to some other program that can definitely protect you in the future from similar malware attacks. You should be more demanding towards the applications into which you entrust the security of your system, so definitely the program you currently use as your anti-virus is not worth keeping since it allowed som009.site pop-ups to become enabled in your computer. Our proposal is that you follow this detailed removal tutorial below to get rid of som009.site pop-ups and to help you prevent subsequent malware intrusion attacks in an effective way.
Detailed som009.site pop-up removal instructions.
Preparation for som009.site pop-up removal starts with unblocking your browser:
- Right-click on Windows task bar in the bottom section of computer screen and select “Task Manager“:
- Find your blocked browser, right-click on it and select “End task“:
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for som009.site pop-up detection.
Instructions to clean Windows PCs
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the download button below.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for malware detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by malware.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Instructions to clean Mac computers.
- Click on the download button below to download FreshMac:
- Run the installer and click on “Continue”:
- The program will update itself and begin scanning your computer.
- At the end of scanning, click on “Fix Safely” button:
- Finally, select “Activate Now” to enable full features of FreshMac to delete malware and optimize your Mac effectively.
- Check your email, activate the program using the activation code.
- Delete all detected infections.
STEP 2. Removing som009.site pop-ups from Google Chrome browser.
Video guide to repair Google Chrome browser:
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove som009.site pop-ups from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
STEP 3. Remove som009.site pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox browser.
Video guide to fix Mozilla Firefox:
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove som009.site pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
STEP 4. Remove som009.site pop-ups from Internet Explorer browser.
Video guide to fix Internet Explorer:
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove som009.site pop-ups from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
STEP 5. Remove som009.site pop-ups from Opera browser.
Video guide to fix Opera:
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
Video guide to fix Safari:
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.