SpeeDownloader is the sample of truly very annoying adware, which attacks browsers today. As a result of its penetration into PCs users start facing a lot of ads by SpeeDownloader everywhere around. These can be ads in the form of various advertisement banners of different sizes, or ads in the form of pop-ups. Also, users might see sudden large pop-up windows to appear. This all makes the browsing as a truly very difficult experience.
Quick facts about SpeeDownloader adware.
What happens with your PC when SpeeDownloader program is enabled?
Note that SpeeDownloader adware can’t actually do any single good thing for your PC. Some of its ads may be relevant to your search queries, but this doesn’t mean that this is some good application. The sole purpose of this adware is to earn money for its owners and developers, and for those who distribute it in the world wide web. The only thing that you will have because of this adware will be a very slow computer and the danger of further infection to penetrate into it. Please carefully follow this guide, which will help you to get rid of this adware from your computer effectively.
What caused SpeeDownloader adware and its advertisements to be enabled in your browser?
So, how to avoid SpeeDownloader from getting into your PC? Keep in mind that this adware is actively bundled with a lot of free applications today. Users who are active in installing various freeware into their PCs need to pay extremely close attention to what exactly they decide to make the part of their computers. It is recommended that users always read the End User’s License Agreements (EULAs) of all free applications they want to install into their PCs. These documents typically clearly mention all third-party applications which are suggested for users to be installed into their computers. So, if you read about them, make sure you choose the option of a custom or advanced installation, instead of the standard one.
Tips to avoid SpeeDownloader adware intrusion.
If you are careful when dealing with free applications, then you will avoid installation of SpeeDownloader adware. Those who just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons often end up installing this particular adware, and, in fact, a lot of other totally useless applications. Finally, to remove this potentially unwanted program, please follow this removal guide below.
Detailed SpeeDownloader adware removal instructions.
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for SpeeDownloader adware detection.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Detailed steps to remove SpeeDownloader adware using recommended anti-malware.
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the respective button above.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for SpeeDownloader adware detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by SpeeDownloader advertisements.
STEP 2. Removing SpeeDownloader adware from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove SpeeDownloader advertisements from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
STEP 3. Remove SpeeDownloader adware from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove SpeeDownloader adware from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
STEP 4. Remove SpeeDownloader advertisements from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove SpeeDownloader advertisements from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
STEP 5. Remove SpeeDownloader advertisements from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.