Movie Quest tab is the problem specifically for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. When users try to open new tab, they see Movie Quest instead. Irrespective of how many of such tabs are opened, Movie Quest appears again and again. So, what does it stand for and how to get rid of it?
Quick facts about Movie Quest hijacker.
What happens with your browser when Movie Quest is enabled in it?
As we said above, Movie Quest extension issue is specifically peculiar to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and cannot bother other browsers. You may not find any related software in the Control Panel, but you will find something suspicious in the list of extensions (add-ons) related to these browsers.
Movie Quest is installed via themovie-hub.net misleading pop-up. Additionally, most likely your browser is hijacked and you see something really weird in its home page.
What caused Movie Quest to be enabled in your browser?
Distribution of these unwanted programs always takes place when users download and install some free software. Because of their failure to be careful, users often allow other unwanted installations to take place. When you make certain search queries through Movie Quest, you will be instead redirected through plenty of third-party pages, which will not furnish you with any relevant search results. Instead, your search queries may be collected and transferred to third parties for various illegal purposes.
Tips to avoid Movie Quest intrusion.
As you see, Movie Quest performs the role of spyware in your computer. You are strongly advised to scan the system with Plumbytes Anti-Malware, remove all the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help. If you use Mac, try scanning your system with Combo Cleaner and you will be amazed how powerful it is to clean your Mac from junk.
Detailed Movie Quest removal instructions.
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for Movie Quest detection.
Instructions to clean Windows computers.
Detailed steps to remove Movie Quest using recommended anti-malware.
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the respective button above.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for Movie Quest detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by Movie Quest hijacker.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Instructions to clean Mac computers.
- Click on the download button below to download Combo Cleaner:
- Run the installer by clicking on the ‘combocleaner.dmg‘ downloaded file:
- Move Combo Cleaner.app into your Mac Applications:
- Launch Combo Cleaner from your Mac Launchpad:
- Scan your Mac with Combo Cleaner.
- Activate its full registered version.
- Apply necessary fixes an malware removals, restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
STEP 2. Removing Movie Quest from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Movie Quest from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to fix Google Chrome manually and for free:
STEP 3. Remove Movie Quest from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Movie Quest from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
This video guide shows how to repair Mozilla Firefox manually and for free:
STEP 4. Remove Movie Quest from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Movie Quest from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to repair Internet Explorer manually and for free:
STEP 5. Remove Movie Quest from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
This video guide shows how to fix Opera manually and for free:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.