Weatherforecastalerts.com website is associated with the work of a new browser hijacker attacking Windows and Mac browsers. Primarily the hijacker attacks Google Chrome, even though there’s no guarantee that other browsers will be immune. There is a lot of adware and potentially unwanted applications currently circulating in the world wide web today, so weatherforecastalerts.com could be just one of many other absolutely unwanted utilities. Follow this guide carefully and you will find out how to remove it completely from your system and to protect your workstation from further malware attacks.
Quick facts about weatherforecastalerts.com hijacker.
What happens with your browser when weatherforecastalerts.com is enabled in it?
Weatherforecastalerts.com attacks the home page of your browser and make it begin with third-party sites that were not selected by you as your start page. Additionally, the hijacker will modify your default search engine settings by making all your search queries to be redirected through other third-party websites. Finally, the hijacker will be regularly spying over your browsing activities and may collect the information you submit through it. Eventually, this data may be collected and transferred to third parties for different illegal purposes.
What caused weatherforecastalerts.com to be enabled in your browser?
Actually, the reason why weatherforecastalerts.com got installed is partially explained by your personal role. Most likely it was injected into your system along with some other cost-free programs you’ve been dealing with lately. It is very important that you always thoroughly read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) associated to free applications you intend to install into the system. When you find the information about some additional programs suggested for default installation, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode to avoid any unwanted utilities from penetrating into your workstation.
In cases when computer owners do not pay much attention during installation of free programs they may easily permit different malicious applications to be installed through the leaks as explained above. Another factor that simplified installation of weatherforecastalerts.com hijacker is revealed in poor protection of your computer by available anti-virus applications. Sadly, there are many anti-viruses today that simply fail to warn you about malware intrusion ahead of time. So, they may permit intrusion of all sorts of junk programs into the system.
Tips to avoid weatherforecastalerts.com intrusion.
If you have noticed that weatherforecastalerts.com was installed while your existing anti-virus (security) program was installed, then you definitely should switch to some better software that will protect you in future from similar attacks. Also, you definitely should be very careful not to allow any unwanted programs to be enabled. This guide below will help you to remove all associated components of weatherforecastalerts.com hijacker and to prevent further similar malware attacks from taking place.
Detailed weatherforecastalerts.com removal instructions.
STEP 1. Scanning your computer with anti-malware software for weatherforecastalerts.com detection.
Instructions to clean Windows computers.
Detailed steps to remove weatherforecastalerts.com using recommended anti-malware.
- Download anti-malware by clicking on the respective button above.
- Install the program and launch the application.
- Wait until the software gets duly updated.
- Run scanning with the software for weatherforecastalerts.com detection.
- Remove detected malicious items with registered version of the software.
- Restart your PC.
- Repeat scanning with the anti-malware tool.
- Follow additional tips below to repair your browser infected by weatherforecastalerts.com hijacker.
Follow recommended software installation steps in the slider below:
Instructions to clean Mac computers.
- Click on the download button below to download Combo Cleaner:
- Run the installer by clicking on the ‘combocleaner.dmg‘ downloaded file:
- Move Combo Cleaner.app into your Mac Applications:
- Launch Combo Cleaner from your Mac Launchpad:
- Scan your Mac with Combo Cleaner.
- Activate its full registered version.
- Apply necessary fixes an malware removals, restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
STEP 2. Removing weatherforecastalerts.com from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“:
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove weatherforecastalerts.com from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button:
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to fix Google Chrome manually and for free:
STEP 3. Remove weatherforecastalerts.com from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“:
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“:
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove weatherforecastalerts.com from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu:
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page:
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
This video guide shows how to repair Mozilla Firefox manually and for free:
STEP 4. Remove weatherforecastalerts.com from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove weatherforecastalerts.com from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“:
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“:
This video guide shows how to repair Internet Explorer manually and for free:
STEP 5. Remove weatherforecastalerts.com from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“:
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
This video guide shows how to fix Opera manually and for free:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
To clean Safari browser please follow this guide.